Secretariat meeting on September
On 21-23 September, 2016 the State Border Guard organized II Baltic Sea Region Border Control Cooperation (BSRBCC) Secretariat meeting.
The meeting was attended by the delegations from Norway, Lithuania and Latvia.
The following key issues were discussed during the meeting:
- Implementation of the BSRBCC Action Plan for 2016.
- Joint operation “BALTIC DART 2016”: intermediate results
- Use of CoastNet and CoastNet working group: state of play
- Joint Approach to Tackle Organized Cross-border Crime in the Baltic Sea Region (JATOC) project
- Memorandum of Understanding among BSRBCC participating countries: state of play
- BSRBCC draft Action Plan for 2017
In addition, representatives of the meeting agreed on a different questions, which will be discussed during II BSRBCC Meeting of the Baltic Border Committee, which will be organized in Latvia, Riga 12-14 of October 2016.
In total, there are 16 events in the Latvian State Border Guard' Presidency Action Plan 2016, and currently 11 of them are successfully implemented so far.