The Documents Examination Workshop of the Baltic Sea Region Border Control Cooperation (BSRBCC) took place on 25–27 April 2017 in Oslo, Norway. The meeting was attended by 26 participants from nine countries and Frontex.
The main topics covered during the workshop were the following:
- Fraudulently obtained/issued documents including trends, cases, security and the need for close cooperation among national entities and the improvement of training for handlers of such documents
- Latest trends and statistical data on detected false documents and security elements in high quality forgeries
- Imitation of security features – methods and techniques
- How to use available systems/databases to detect false IDs
- Sharing information on breeder documents